With phase 2 of reopening in Virginia kicking off last Friday, I headed out with my very long list of errands and things to buy. My top recommendation to capture your long list is our new jumbo notepads. Please choose your favorite image and personalize it with a name or saying. If your lists are as long as mine, you may need to buy in multiples!
While my list was filled with mundane places like the garden, furniture & paint stores, I also included a few of my favorite department stores, including my place of worship, aka Neiman Marcus.
If you are planning a trip out to the mall, here are my top recommendations:
- Bring your mask.
- If there is a particular store you wish to visit, call ahead to understand their hours and policies. Stores like Nordstrom and Bloomies are open and you can walk around freely, Neiman Marcus you need a reservation and an escort.
- Be patient. While things have reopened, they are not back to they were pre-COVID. Stores are a bit understaffed, extra cleaning is required between patrons, and in general, things take a bit longer than usual.
- Smaller stores can only accommodate a few people at a time, so you may have to wait to enter the store.
- Store hours vary. I noticed that not only short hours, but some stores are open only a few days a week.
- Many stores haven’t restocked, so inventory on certain items remains out or low.